* * The Lord’s Test
* * I woke up this morning
* * and knew that today,
* * The sun would not be shining
* * and the clouds would be gray.
* * As I stepped outside,
* * rain fell upon my head.
* * My car wouldn’t start
* * so I walked to school instead.
* * I forgot all of my assignments
* * I failed all of my tests.
* * I dropped my head in disgust
* * and asked the Lord for
* * one request.
* * “Lord, why is it that
* * things won’t go my way?”
* * He gently replied,
* * “Dear child it is because
* * you didn’t thank me yesterday.
* * I woke you up and enabled
* * you to see the sun again.
* * I gave you shelter,
* * protected your family, and even let
* * you make a new friend.
* * I blessed you far
* * greater than I ever had before.
* * But you were too busy
* * to thank me once more.
* * You didn’t feel sick
* * because I maintained your health.
* * You had money in your pocket
* * because I maintained your wealth.
* * You had shoes on you feet
* * and clothes to wear, too.
* * You had plenty of food to eat,
* * and what did you do?
* * You ignored me and went
* * about your tasks.
* * But when you wanted something
* * you never hesitated to ask.
* * I was there when you needed me
* * and that wasn’t too long ago.
* * But when things started going your way,
* * it was me you did not know.
* * As if that weren’t enough,
* * I provided your favorite luxuries.
* * to do-they weren’t even necessities.
* * And when it was time to get on your
* * knees and show your gratitude,
* * You decided that after such a
* * fulfilling day, you weren’t in the mood.
* * So I decided to
* * give you just a little test.
* * To show you how it would feel
* * to stop being blessed.”
* * I began to realize what
* * the Lord was saying.
* * And when I got home, I fell
* * to my knees and started praying.
* * He said, “My child, you have
* * learned and you know I do forgive.
* * But remember to remember this day
* * as long as you shall live.
* * and your pain I’ll alleviate it.
* * But just a simple thank you
* * would show how much you
* * appreciate it.”
* * Pass this on to everyone
* * you pray the Lord will bless.
* * There are no catches or
* * rules just this simple test.
* * How many people to send
* * it to is all in your hands.
* * *