What is the most popular way to improve your flexibility?
- Yoga is the most popular way to improve your flexibility today. Yoga which originated in India combines stretching, coordination, balance, and meditation, it is an excellent way to improve your flexibility. Its effects have given it popularity and allowed it to spread across the world.
- The static technique involves a slow, gradual stretching of a muscle and its tendons to a point of mild discomfort, and then a slow return
- The Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation technique is superior against all other forms of stretching, but the technique is so complex a certified athletic trainer or physical therapist is required to do them properly.
- Ballistic stretching involves a repeated bouncing motion in which the muscle and tendons are stretched and returned rapidly, but due to a high risk of tearing a muscle the technique is no longer recommended.
- Of all the techniques the static is the most commonly used. If you wish to begin a program to improve your flexibility use the static technique and do it cautiously