I Charles Babbage
A. Was born in London
1. He was born on December 26, 1792
3. Babbage stayed a bachelor all of his life and never got married.
A. He spent half of his lifetime trying to invent a machine that would solve simple math equations.
1. While working hard to invent this machine he stumbled across a different machine that preformed many tasks this was called the computer.
B. The Scientific Method
1. Problem statement
2. Data Research
1. He used pieces of sheet metal and steel pipes to make the first half.
2. Then he made a data chip that would do most of the thinking.
1. Sheet metal
2. Steel pipes
a. He concluded with ” I hope that this machine will make a large change in history” He concluded that his project not only turned out to be the first calculator but he also made more by inventing the computer as well.
1. It was a very important invention to the world.
a. It helped calculate money.
b. It solved problems too big to solve by hand.
c. It calculated ratios and populations
d. If this invention weren’t here life would be harder. We would have to estimate large problems, and we would not know a population of a town.