Buying a New Car
One afternoon on a cold December day, I was driving out to work and started to notice steam rising from the hood. I pulled into a small parking lot to see what was wrong. I popped the hood and then proceeded to loosen the radiator cap a little bit to relieve some of the pressure. The cap apparently wasn t on tight in the first place, so when I went to loosen it, it just shot right off. The antifreeze was all over the hood, the side of the car, my shirt and in my face.
- Yuck! This I got it in my mouth! I can t see! Yuck!
- The car was over heating and when I went to loosen the cap it popped.
A few minutes later.
I then got a ride home form a friend. The next day Brett called back and gave me the results.
- Well, I hate tot tell you this but the head is blown. It ll cost somewhere around $700 to replace the head.
- Forget it, the car s not worth it, I ll just get a new car.
Again, my fiend helped me out. He was nice enough to be my chauffeur for the day. After work he dove me out to look at cars. I went out to David A. Deeb s Auto and Truck Sales. He has a nice selection of cars that I could choose from.
- I was looking to buy a new car. My last car died on me.
- Well what kind of car are you looking for?
- I like that Golf. Can I take it for a ride?
I got in the car, stepped on the clutch and turned the key. It had a nice sound to it and it looked very nice inside. As I backed the car out of the spot I noticed that there wasn t any power steering. I finally got it out and left the lot heading north, turned around at a store and then headed south. When I turned around at a small motel I found out just how mush power it really had. I left the motel and shifted from first to second, to third, to fourth and into fifth in half the time it took in my old car. I loved it, I went back to the lot and told David:
- I love this little car. It has a lot of pick up and look so nice. I ll have to get used to not having power steering and having reverse over by first gear instead of fifth.
- So, how much are you asking for it?
- How about $1,500?
- Well, it is a little lower than I really wanted, but it s a good deal.
- Okay, I ll have to get the money. I ll be back in a little bit with the money.
I went to the bank and got the $1,300 and then went back to David s to get my new car.
- Here s your money, thanks for the car, I think I ve found the best car I ve had. I m definitely not going to domestic cars.
- Thank you and come back if need anything.
On the way home I tested it more than before I bought it. I tested the brakes, and swerved back and forth a little to see how it handles. The control was great and every thing else was great. It could handle corners like a dream. All my friends complimented my new car. My chauffeur wished it was his car because he hated his weak little Pontiac. Now that I have such a nice car I try to wash it every week. Foreign cars are the best cars that I have ever driven.