Custodial and Visitation Agreement
This agreement made and entered into on April 5, 2000 by and between Ms. Emily Parent (”Emily”) and Mr. Joseph Parent (”Joseph”) will hereby express the terms and conditions that will govern their custody and visitation rights in regards to their daughter Stephanie Parent (”Stephanie”). It is hereby agreed:
The agreement will act as a settlement in relation to the litigation of the case of Parent v. Parent for the custody of Stephanie Parent, the daughter of Emily and Joseph.
This agreement will commence on April 5, 2000 and will continue until
Stephanie reaches the age of majority provided the following visitation schedule is
strictly adhered to:
b) Holidays and Vacations – Stephanie will spend all school holidays, holidays and summer vacations with Joseph at Joseph?s home, wherever he may reside at that time, except for the summer immediately following any relocation by Emily and Stephanie. In the occasion of such a relocation, Stephanie will spend up to two weeks of the summer vacation immediately after a relocation with Joseph and return to Emily to become acclimated to her new environment for the following school year.
2) Upon written agreement, signed by both parties, it may be agreed to that Stephanie may spend an entire summer vacation with Joseph.
3) If a holiday or religious observance falls within the school week and Stephanie is not excused, or off, from school Stephanie will remain with Emily.
c) Communication – Joseph will have open access to communication with Stephanie via phone, fax, e-mail and any and all avenues of correspondence. At no time shall Emily have the right to interrupt communication between Stephanie and Joseph.
d) Weekend Visitation – Joseph will retain the right to visit with Stephanie on every other weekend during the school year at the location where Emily, Stepford and Stephanie are then located.
Stephanie may be allowed to visit Joseph over long weekends when it
is agreed upon by both parties, in writing, that Stephanie is old enough
to travel on her own, or at the age of 13, whichever may come first.
e) Travel Expenses – All expenses for travel by Joseph in relation to these visitation rights are to be assumed by Joseph. All reasonable travel expenses Stephanie incurs in relation to traveling to and from Joseph for summer vacation, holidays and school holidays will be paid for by Emily.
a) Delay – If the custody and or visitation agreement is materially interrupted or delayed, Joseph or Emily may suspend this agreement and demand a custody hearing to be commenced immediately.
c) Amendments and Entire Agreement – No amendment shall be made to this agreement unless mutually agreed upon by both parties in writing. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and shall supersede any and all prior written or oral agreements between the parties. Notices shall be sent to each party at the address written below each parties signature at the end of this agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this agreement on the date first written above:
Mr. Joseph Parent Emily Parent
2 Joe Way 2 Parent Way
Mayville, NY 10013 Scarsdale, NY 10000
1. School Holidays – means any vacation from the school curriculum that is decided by the school district in which Stephanie is currently attending.
2. Summer Vacation – means the break between the end of the previous school year and the start of the next school year. This time will coincide with the summer season and is traditionally over the months of July and August.
3. Holidays – means Federally recognized observances and religious observances.