(A)ccepts you as you are
(B)elieves in “you”
(C)alls you just to say “HI”
(D)oesn’t give up on you
(E)nvisions the whole of you (even the unfinished parts)
(F)orgives your mistakes
(I)nvites you over
(J)ust to “be” with you
(K)eeps you close at heart
(L)oves you for who you are
(M)akes a difference in your life
(P)icks you up
(Q)uiets your fears
(R)aises your spirits
(S)ays nice things about you
(T)ells you the truth when you need to hear it
(W)alks beside you
(X)-plains things you don’t understand
(Y)ells when you won’t listen and
(Z)aps you back to reality
2. Memorize your favorite poem.
3. Don’t believe all you hear, spend all you have or loaf all you want.
4. When you say, “I love you,” mean it.
5. When you say, “I’m sorry,” look the person in the eye.
6. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
7. Believe in love at first sight.
10. In disagreements, fight fairly, no name calling.
12. Teach yourself to speak slowly but think quickly.
want to know?”
15. Call your mother.
16. Say, “Bless you.” when you hear someone sneeze.
17. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
19. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
20. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
21. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
22. Marry a person you love to talk to. As you get older, his/her conversational skills will be even
23. Spend some time alone.
24. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
a second time.
29. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
30. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the
31. Don’t just listen to what someone is saying. Listen to why they are saying it.
33. Be gentle with the earth.
34. Pray or meditate. There’s immeasurable power in it.
35. Never interrupt when you’re being flattered.
36. Mind your own business.
37. Don’t trust anyone who doesn’t close his/her eyes when you kiss.
38. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
40. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
41. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
42. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your
need for each other.
43. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
44. Live with the knowledge that your character is your destiny.
45. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.